Sunday, January 4, 2009

2008 in a Nutshell!


Looking back on 2008...it was a good year!!
Actually it was a GREAT year. Here are just some of the highlights

1. I GRADUATED FROM BYU!!!! No more finals, term papers, or stupid classes to take...Welcome to the Real World.
2. I started teaching (officially)!
3. 2008 was the year of trips....Caribbean cruise with Alicia, Disneyland, LA, San Francisco, Reno, and San Diego with Carla, Outer Banks with my family and I even spend Jan. 1st in Canada.
4. I SAW WICKED AND IT WAS FREAKING WICKED AWESOME!!!!! It 'defied gravity' and taught me to 'dance through life'. I totally get why it is so 'popular'!!!
5. I got to swim with sting rays and snorkel out to the drop off point. I even got a Neapolitan ice cream tan....(sun burnt,tan, and white all on my back!)
6. My Jetta! It is the love of my life. Every time drive her she makes me smile! I It's seat warmers work wonders on me in the cold early morning hours driving to school. Why does Utah have to be soo cold??
7. I got bangs. Now this might not sound all that important to you but I love them. I guess its a girl thing.
8. All my wonderful road trips. There is nothing better than pulling over on the highway to take crazy pictures next to the "Welcome to ________" signs. Then there is always the inevitable getting lost(sometimes just in downtown Hollywood and sometimes it meant a 2 hour drive around Lake Tahoe, which I still don't understand how we did that Carla!)
9. I watched history happen....Obama became our 1st Black President and Michael Phelps won 8 gold medals.
10. Bella turned into a vampire which was awesome even though the rest of the book sucked or was just plain weird!
11. I officially became a Utah Resident...still don't know how I feel about it.
12. Baby Josh was born and he is the cutest little cousin ever!!! Darci you are going to have to beat the girls to keep them off of him.
13. Adorable Baby Lacey graced the world...can't wait to meet this summer!! Congrats Nicole and Ross.
14. SOOOOO MANY MORE!!!

This year I got to experience so many wonderful things, keep in touch with old friends, and make new ones! This year has definitely had its ups and downs but I have enjoyed every minute. I hope 2009 will be just as wonderful for both you and me.

PS-If anyone wants to go on a trip just let me know I'll have my bags packed in 20 mins and then WE'RE OFF (as long I can find a sub or its over a weekend or summer vacation)!!





0 comments: