I'M MOVING BACK TO VIRGINIA!!!!!!!
Let me say it one more time (to get the full effect imagine me singing it in a high soprano Opera voice) I'M GOING HOME!!! HOME TO VIRGINIA!!! BACK TO THE BEAUTIFUL EAST COAST!!!
It has been official for awhile but I never said anything on my blog simply because my life moves at the speed of light. There are only 6 1/2 days left of school and 23 days til I pack up all my stuff and head east over the mountains.
This is a very bittersweet time for me. I am so excited to have new adventures back east but its a lot harder than I ever thought it would be to say goodbye to the life I know here in Utah. I have spent 6 years creating a life out west. I love the people I work with. They have become some of my very best friends. I love the students I have been privileged to teach! I have even grown to love looking out my window and seeing the mountains! They are majestic and beautiful!
I will NOT, however, miss the 8 month long winter (12 months divided by 4 seasons equals 3 MONTHS EACH..get with the program Utah!) lack of humidity, crazy drivers, big hair, dryness, and crazy Ute fans.
Anyway I am currently planning on driving back east but can't decide which route to take. I want to stop along the way and explore this amazing country of ours but not spend too much time. Any suggestions on things to stop and see along the way? Or on which route to take? 40? 70? or 80?
Nutcracker
4 months ago

3 comments:
DEFINITELY NOT 40!!!
I am in love with Chicago, so that would be my vote for a stop... Nauvoo is cool. Denver is a fun city and only 30 minutes out of the way on either 70 or 80. I prefer 70 out of the three and St. Louis is a convenient place to break up the trip on the second day and the St. Louis Arch is really cool. Umm yup those are my fav's
Frowny Face. I will miss you! Save a place for me to come and visit in a year or so. I need to explore the East Coast a little more. :-) *hugs
BTW--Write Chick is me--MARGIE!
Post a Comment