Sunday, June 29, 2008

San Francisco





Right before coming home I took a road trip with some former roomates to San Francisco and Reno. First things first the drive from SLC to Reno is SOOOO BORING!! Its all desert! Its ugly and boring but the drive Reno to San Fran is gorgeous!! Beautiful northern California. The green trees, fresh air, and pine scent are heaven compared to the dusty never-ending flat desert.
      
San Francisco was amazing! I loved every second! We saw the Golden Gate Bridge, drove down Lombard Street, ate some crab and sourdough, went to Chinatown, ate Ghirardelli ice cream at Ghirardelli Square(it was amazing!), saw the Sea Lions play king of the dock at the pier, we even got scared by the bush man!! If you don't know who the bush man is he is this man who sits behind a fake bush on a street corner near pier 39 and jumps out to scare people. It is so funny to watch cause you aren't expecting it at all! 

We also took at day to hit the beach! Now I grew up going to the beach during the summers. I love laying on the sand, reading a book, and listening to the waves, but the Atlantic Ocean is bath water compared to the numbing Pacific Ocean. haha Carla stuck her big toe in and that was it! She was then perfectly content to just lay on the sand the rest of the day...she is a Carolina girl who doesn't like a cold ocean. I was a little braver and went into the surf up to my knees. It actually wasn't that cold after a few minutes. Oh course you lose all sense of feeling during those minutes. Sophie was the brave one. She went all the way in!! I don't know how she did it!! Carla and I told her she would have to come back east and go in the Atlantic and find out what a real beach is like haha I guess we are both spoiled eastern girls!

After San Fran we hit the road and headed back to Reno for a few days. Of course on the way back we took a scenic detour around Lake Tahoe. In fact it was so beautiful that we didn't even realize we had taken a detour until we were about an hour and a half into the tour. HAHA I don't know how we managed to get off I-80 and not know it but we did. 


While in Reno we hit up the RENO RODEO!!! Yehaw! There is nothing I like more than a  bunch of cowboys walking around looking hot in their boots, buckles, and hats! I was in heaven!  Half the people I went with to the rodeo had never been to a rodeo before so it was really fun to watch their reactions and explain what was going on. The bull riding was fun to watch but the highlight of the night was the Muffin Bustin!! If you don't know what that is... its where they stick 4-7 year olds on the backs of sheep and have the kids hold on for dear life! Its soooo cute!! Basically this whole trip ROCKED!!

0 comments: