Saturday, June 14, 2008

School is out!!!!



I have officially survived my first year of teaching!! Even better all 24 of my students came out alive too!! Some of them I really wasn't sure they would. This year was great, I have so many wonderful memories that I will treasure forever. I have really found something that I love. Every morning I wake up excited to go school and teach. As a monument to this here are some of the funny things that happened this year. Remember, kids say the darnest things!! Enjoy!!


QUOTES FROM MY STUDENTS---

"Miss Wells what are you doing this summer?"- Star
"Im going on some traveling adventures."
"Is that all your going to do?"-Megan
"What else do you think I should do this summer?" -Miss Wells
"I think you should get married and have kids. You'd be a great mom!"-Star
"Wow that is alot to do this summer!"- Miss Wells
"You can do it Miss Wells! You can do anything!"- Ethan
"I'll do my best." -Miss Wells

"Talon what are you doing?" -me
"arm farts miss wells"
"what should you be doing talon?"
(pause for 10 secs while talon looks around)
"umm centers"
"why are we doing arm farts instead of centers?"
"cause they are fun"
"you can do arm farts when you go home right now we are doing centers"

"well miss wells i thought about telling a teacher but then i realized i had a jump rope in my hand and decided just to hit him with it instead!"
~skylar (explaining why he got in a fight with ashton...ashton was blowing in his ear with a straw)

"miss wells i put my homework into my backpack right after i ate captain crunch and now its not there. i think my backpack ate it!"

"now miss wells remember your sister is taller than you but you're older than her!"
"thanks talon i'll try my best to remember that"

"miss wells your grumpy. i dont like you very much when your grumpy. you should take some tylenol. thats what my mom does when she get grumpy. she takes alot of tyenol!"-megan

"hey miss wells can i call you miss well? i just dont think there is suppose to be an s on the end of your name" - Talon

During the middle of our multiplication lesson....
"does anyone have any questions?" miss wells
"yeah WHO FARTED!!! it stinks!!!"-Ethan
"no one answer that...thanks ethan for that umm announcement"
"your welcome miss wells. i think not farting during math should a new class rule"
"that might be kinda hard. sometimes you can't control it"
"well then you should run outside and let it go!"
"don't you think that would be distracting"
"well ya but at least i wouldnt have to smell it!"
"plug your nose..now does anyone have any question about MULTIPLICATION?"

"Zac why did you spit on Candido?"-Miss Wells
"I didn't spit on him!"-Zac
"Why does he say you did?"- Miss Wells
"I don't know I didn't spit on him...some water just came up from my stomach and air just pushed it out!!"
"Zac...NO SPITTING or pushing water up from your stomach!"
"k Miss Wells"

During a lesson on angles...
"Miss Wells why is a right angle a right angle? i mean why isnt it a left angle?"


"Would you weigh people in pounds or ounces?"-Miss Wells
"Pounds"- Logan
"Miss Wells, how many pounds do you weigh?"- Parker
"How much do you think I weigh?"- Miss Wells
"My dad told me never to answer that question!"-Logan


0 comments: