Breaking your wrist is a very humbling experience. I am a very independent person so having to actually ask for help is hard for me, even when I really need it. I have learned that while I don't mind helping other people I need to allow them the same privilege. Anyway in my masquerade of pretending nothing is wrong and I that can still do everything with one hand I have learned that the following are SOOOOO MUCH EASIER with two hands.
1. Typing- Yeah it takes forever one handed
2. Putting on a bra- Taking it off with one hand...no problem!... but putting it one is hard! You try holding both straps close enough that you can snap them together with one hand.
3. Folding laundry- Let me put it this way all my clean laundry is sitting in a pile in the corner of my room.
4. Buttons- Who invented them anyway? They obviously never fractured their wrist!
5. Doing the Dishes- I can't hold the dish and scrub it at the same time so I am forever indebted to my roomie Kelly for doing my dishes!!! You're the best!
and a lot more that I might add later when I have more time.
Nutcracker
4 months ago

2 comments:
I say it sounds like a great excuse to not do dishes.
awwww poor Cassie!! Hope things are better with the wrist! That doesn't sound fun! Love your take on things though : )
Post a Comment