I loved planning C and I's wedding. I loved thinking of all the details that would make our day really special. For me the most important thing was that I wanted everyone to have fun! So everything was geared towards making sure the atmosphere encouraged them to have a really good time.
A modern twist to the traditional "tinkling of the glasses" (Wedding guests tap their glass with one of their utensils. Other guests join in so that the sound gets louder and the bride and groom have to kiss as long as the tinkling continues.) was that everyone at our wedding would ring unique antique bells. The really cool thing was that there were 6 different styles of bells and when they were all rung together it created a beautiful harmony. These bells were probably my favorite little detail of the wedding. I searched the internet forever to find them! I plan on using them to help decorate our Christmas tree!
For those that don't know C's family isn't Mormon so drinking is an important part of how they celebrate. So like all great things in life we compromised! We had specialty alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks because while I wanted everyone to have a good time I didn't want anyone to get out of control. The specialty drinks were a great way to control how much alcohol was in each drink. Plus they are super fun! We took basic drinks and gave them fun wedding names! They were a huge hit and we got lots of compliments on them! 

C's super talented mom created these signs for us. They hung on the back of our chairs during dinner. I love them!
The whole inspiration for our wedding was the classic mason jar. I grew up drinking from them and have always loved how they looked. I knew I wanted them as our centerpieces. We put a dozen roses in the antique blue mason jars and then put 4 tiny mason jars around it with tea lights. It created the perfect romantic mood. The table numbers were letters from the Phonemic International Alphabet which C uses everyday at work as an Air Traffic Controller.
As a tribute to my teaching profession C and I created a wedding pop quiz! Don't worry it was open neighbor! It was a great way for everyone to get to know C and I and an awesome conversion starter so that both sides of our friends and family mixed and mingled! On the back the essay question was to give the newlyweds some advice, which was both eye opening and hilarious! Something interesting to note is that grown adults are as bad as my students with putting their name on their paper and checking to see if their is a back to the worksheet!
I LOVE cupcakes so I knew I wanted them at our wedding but I also wanted to have the traditional cutting of the wedding cake so once again WE COMPROMISED!! A friend from high school did our cake and cupcakes! She is super talented and loves to created unique and fun cakes so if you need one just let me know and I'll get you her info!
C's mom also collects Precious Moments and I love that she let us use the the wedding one as our topper..it is just tooo cute!!
I saw a banner in a magazine with Mr. and Mrs. _________ hanging at the entrance to the tent and I fell in love with the idea. I also love to use other people's talents for my benefit haha! This wonderful woman in our ward made my wish come true! We hung it above our table under the reception tent. It also made a super prop in our wedding photos (more pics to come!)
Here are a few more pictures highlighting other wedding details...



Nutcracker
4 months ago

1 comments:
I love all your decorations! They are so cute! I love the little bells.
Post a Comment