Sunday, December 18, 2011

U-G-L-Y....You ain't got no alibi!




Big jewels, pom-poms, felt, bright colors, and ridiculous patterns all add up to one of my favorite holiday traditions...UGLY SWEATER PARTIES!

Our fabulous RI Friends & Co (Rhode Island Friends & Company= the new cool nickname we have for our RI friends) decided we needed to uphold the tradition. It was a party for the record books. Some of the ugliest/tackiest sweaters and the BEST white elephant gifts! Next year Chris and I have decided we need to step up our game when it comes to the white elephant gifts. We thought ours were great, and they were, but the other party gifts were just on a whole other level.

I started out the game with this AMAZING dragon figurine while Chris started out with this one-of-a-kind "Apple Bottom Jeans" plant pot holder. We realized later that they were unzipped and unbuttoned in the front adding to its scandalous nature. Other awesome gifts included toilet paper, 85 Ways To Organize Yourself For Christmas circa 1982, a creepy clown holding a little girl and dog figurine, plastic bed sheets, a bear hat from New Hampshire, mint condition old school games, a pirate pillow and so much more! All the gifts were stolen several times. Chris and I ended the game with the Jeans Plant Pot and the creepy clown! We might be regifting these to people so beware! We just want to share the love and I am pretty sure if we keep the clown in the house much longer it is going to come to life and stab up in our sleep.



As if this party could get any better the "Bring Your Favorite Dessert Bar" was INCREDIBLE! Of course it helps when one of your friends is attending bakery school and was accepted into a French pastry internship for next summer (GO ADAM!) He graciously decided to share his final exam from his "Chocolate and Confections" class with us. I wish I had a chocolates and confections class in school! The whole thing is edible! We were very impressed!



Chris also won the contest for the ugliest sweater, which he totally deserved since I made him go shopping in WalMart's women's section. He rocked the turtleneck and sweater vest! He looked HOT! I've never been so proud! His prize was a Roadkill Opossum stuffed animal which Jak now used like a teddy bear. He takes it everywhere! We are shocked it still has fluff in it! It has survived so much longer than any other toy we've given him. Maybe he feels bad because it was already run over. Whatever the reason its still alive Jak LOVES showing it to everyone who comes to the door....the mailman, our neighbors, the missionaries, whoever! If it is not in his mouth when they knock he has to go find it so he can show it to him. Sarita you are now officially Jak's favorite person for choosing the prize!



Thanks to Jesse and Sarita for being our amazing hosts! We can't wait for next year!!





2 comments:

Julie and Adam said...

yeah! We are amazing! Love the pants pot. Kind of wish I had taken it.

Sarita said...

a. I'm saving my allowance so I can buy the butt pot from you! Don't give it away!

b. If he needs another opossum, we found it at the Job Lot (they also have racoons)

c. Now that we won't get to see you as often on Sundays, you are officially the President of RIFCo.

d. Get your ugly sweaters from VA. We all want to see Chris rock the tassels too.