Tuesday, September 30, 2008

my future husband??


 Here is a teaching story for you! But first some background knowledge. I teach 5th grade (10-11 year olds) and they are awesome! They are also OBSESSED with finding me a husband. In their eyes they just don't understand why I am single. In fact, one told me once "I thought you had to have a husband to teach!" This obsession means that any single male in a 20 miles radius of our school is a potential match for me. Their top choices for my future husband include...
1) Michael Phelps (I DO!!) 2) Any of the Jonas Brothers as long as I get them to give a concert at our school. 3) Zac Efron 4) Tony Romo (unfortunately I have a lot of cowboy fans in my class...DONT WORRY IM WORKING ON BRING THEM TO LIGHT!) No worries Mom about me being an Old Maid...I won't even make it through the school year single if my students have anything to say about it!   ;o)

So here is the story. ENJOY!

Every Tuesday we have DARE (Drug Abuse Resistance Education). The DARE officer assigned to our school is a very good looking 29 year old Officer Adams. One of things he does is answer questions from the classroom DARE box ( a box where students can ask whatever questions they might have about drugs, alcohol, or being a police officer without having to sign their name.) Today 7 of the 8 questions he answered were "ARE YOU MARRIED?"  He answered NO which was then followed my half of my class turning to me and smiling and cute Jess saying "Well you can marry Miss Wells. She is cool and so are you!" HAHA Yeah...I just starting laughing. I mean what else do you say? Officer Adams handled  it very well  he simply laughed said MOVING TO THE NEXT QUESTION! haha You have to have a sense of humor to be a teacher or you just won't make it through the day. Anyway just thought I would share that with you!

2 comments:

Carla said...

ha, funny. Who would have ever thought our jobs have so much in common. I have adults ask me wildly inappropriate and embarassing questions every day... It's not so cute when they're 40.

Scott & Gini Berrett said...

hahahahaha oh my gosh, this totally made my day. i can just see your kids totally loving you to death to do this!! good luck with the hunt.