Monday, October 6, 2008

Ode to Roxanne

ROOOOXXXXXXANNE....


"Dynamite comes in small packages" is something she always used to say when we would pick on her for being soo tiny. However, time has come and gone and my little sister is now taller than me. No worries though I can still beat her up! ;o)  This past weekend I got to go stay with her! And all I have to say is that somethings never change. For example, she still can't cook. I, luckily, did not discover this firsthand. Her roommates confessed that earlier in the week she had burned her dinner to which my charming brother replied with that mischievous Jake the Snake smile "How long did you have to soak the pan?" In Roxanne's defense I will say that while it might be burnt she made it with love.
Observation number 2 she still lives off mac and cheese! To her it is the 6th food group and her one true staple in life. As the economy gets worse and we are all struggling to buy food we and rest assured that Roxanne has enough mac and cheese to make it through the next Ice Age. Civilization will go on!! 
Roxanne is also just as loving as ever. She kindly got up and brought me ice cream (chocolate chip cookie dough...she really does love me!) without me even asking! I have trained her well. She also kindly got up early to drive me to Jake's house so we could go fishing and then she kindly let me do her hair in an outlandish way and take funny pictures. And on top of all of that I know she will still love me when I post those same pictures on this blog! 

Thanks for the great weekend and I love you sis!!

0 comments: