No I am not dead, kidnapped, or missing I just simply turned off my phone for a couple days. Why would I do a extremely weird and apparently dangerous thing like that? Because I am on vacation! Let me explain. Last week I was lounging under a brightly color umbrella with my toes nestled into the sand of the Outer Banks. Eyes closed, listening to the rhythmic breaking of the waves when suddenly I hear "SWEET HOME ALABAMA." Talk about throwing off someone's chi. As much as I love that song come on your on vacation. There is a reason you are not in the office. So to prove a point I turned my phone off (which was in the house not on the beach) for the duration of the trip.
Ironically this backfired when Friday morning I was awoken at the indecent hour of 8:30 (I'm on vacation and totally justified in sleeping in) to my friend "K" asking "A" if I was alive? "A" proceeded to hit me and ask me if I was alive. My reply,"I don't know. What time is it?" Apparently my very caring mother had not heard from me in a couple days and thought I would be home Thursday. When I was not in my room Friday morning she started to worry. There was no answer to any text messanges or voicemails. So she called "K" to see if she had heard from me. When she hadn't panic REALLY set in. Thankfully "A" never turns her phone off, that would be like turning off her heart, and "K" was able to tell me to call my mom.
Even MORE IRONIC is that when I did try calling my mom's cell, the house phone, my dad's cell, and all of my sibling's cellphones NO ONE PICKED UP. I guess they really weren't that concerned after all. But just to make sure my mom didn't report me missing I left a message for my father at his work so that when he got out of a meeting he could inform my mom with the happy news "I'm still breathing...no worries." My dad's poor secretary could not understand why that was the only thing I wanted to say. I didn't feel like any further explanation was necessary.
No, no that's not the end of our story. "A" feeling like if my mom was worried hers might be to called home saying, "I'm alive Mom you don't need to worry!" Her mom replied, "That's great. I had no doubt that you would be." Haha Disappointed her mom didn't love her enough to think she was missing, "A" went to sulk on the beach. Half an hour later her mom called back exclaiming,"I didn't think you were missing because I know you are a responsible adult!" Haha I guess my mom doesn't think I am.
Here are some pictures from my trip...
Don't you just love our hats!!!
"A" enjoying the beach.
Playing some beach volleyball with A's family
Eating some crabs!
The amazing house we stayed in!
Nutcracker
6 months ago

5 comments:
Let me just say that this is all your fault, because you told me that you would be home Thursday and when you didn't make it home Thursday and there was no phone call saying "Hi Mum, we having such a great time we're going to come home Friday! See you then."
One little phone call is all it would have taken.......
Love your Mother.
Loved your story! It's hilarious... I can't believe that actually happened. Can I just say that I absolutely love that house you are staying in and totally miss the Outer Banks! Well... I am headed to Newport for a while, so I know I shouldn't complain. But the beach atmosphere here is totally different then OBX. Don't tell anyone, but I like OBX better... It'll be our little secret!
That house you stayed in is georgeous! I am so jealous of it. It's funny how our lives are ruled by our cell phones now. Sounds like your mom is relieved and not at all mad that you turned out okay. :) You'll have to let me know how your summer is going.
I love the outer banks! We used to stay in Corolla every spring break when I was growing up. How fun! Someday we should all take a girls trip out there. That would be soo fun. I'm sorry I never got to see you before you went back home. Life has been crazy! I hope everything is going well though and I love you to death!
Its a wonderful story! It's hilarious.
That house you stayed is gorgeous!..
___________________
Vince
Get easy cash at your door step
Post a Comment