
Today I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Perhaps this is due to the air conditioning breaking and all the humidity making it hard to sleep. Or it could be due to my mother waking me up to ask a question I don't even remember answering and then leaving on my bed a basket of clean clothes for me to put away. Since I couldn't drift back into dreamworld I threw off the covers, shoved the laundry basket into a corner, and slowly made my way into the kitchen to enjoy a nice cold bowl of Lucky Charms, only Holly used up all the milk! So I then had actually put effort into making my breakfast and whipped up some scrambled eggs. Really hard and full of effort I know! But that's not really the point. The point is today was shaping up to be an awesome day (please note the last few sentences are drenched in sarcasm.)
I was turning into a walking Godzilla annoyed and snapping at anyone who even looked at me! Then the heavens opened and showered the blessing of shoes on me! While my mom was getting her watch fixed at Kohl's I found the cutest shoes ever AND THEY WERE ON SALE!! The first pair of shoes transformed my attitude from grouchy to pleased. With the second pair it metamorphosed into flat out joy. When I found the 3rd pair in my size I was practically floating on air smiling so brightly it blinded the customer next to me!! 
My mother simply shook her head as I paid for them but in my mind I'm not married so I am justified in spending my hard earned money on these cute investments. Haha I have no husband to check with, no children needing school supplies or doctor visits. Yes I can still be self-centered and impulsive AND look fabulous while doing it! :O) It's amazing to me how something as simple as cute shoes totally did a 180 on my day! I don't think anything makes me happier than a new pair of shoes! Someday when my hubby does something stupid instead of sending me flowers he needs to send me shoes! As Rebecca Bloomwood once said “We all have a destiny in life and since I was 14 I knew I was put on this earth to shop.” In my case I was destined to shop for shoes!
Nutcracker
4 months ago

3 comments:
ha you really do have a ton of shoes... it makes me sad that we don't wear the same size, because then i could convince you to retire several of those pairs to me.... dang my big feet
new shoes make everything better
Post a Comment