I never understood how people could say that they were having a hard year. I mean a hard/long week sure, but really a bad year? 365 days in a row that are hard? Haha I will never question that statement ever again. 2009 has not been a good year for me, which is not good because its not even half way over! On the bright side of things it can only get better from here. Yes, it has been that bad. It can't really get much worse.
Last night while laying in bed dreading sleep. You know because sleep makes time go by faster, and I just do not want to live through another hard day it dawned on me that I HAVE TO CHANGE MY ATTITUDE. Yes life is hard at the moment. Very hard. A huge trial and test of my faith in my chosen profession. While I can't change other people's attitude towards education, my teaching style, or teaching their child to be responsible and respectful I can change my attitude. And basically have to if I want to survive this school year. 2 months is an extremely long time to get through so here is my plan... I am going to count my blessings...all of them... in hopes that this will lift my spirits and give me some sort of force field to help me get through the rest of this week. Which between report cards, parent teacher conferences, and the fact that it is only half over doesn't hold much promise.
HERE I GO. WISH ME LUCK!
My amazing family. My health. My iTunes collection. My jetta (oh how I love her!) My friends. Empanazas. Frozen yogurt from Hello Yogurt. House. One Tree Hill. The Office. Grey's Anatomy. Hot Chocolate. Summer is only 2 months away. Spring Break is 3 weeks away (Canada here I come.) Students that say thank you. Harry Potter. Fabulous Roomies. Signing a contract on a townhouse for next year. The beautiful 60 degree weather we are enjoying. Beautiful sunsets over Utah Lake. Glorious sunrises over the mountains. Wearing flip flops. Friday is a Teacher Work Day. Krissy lives 5 minutes away and is pregnant!! Alicia and Kaitlyn are getting married!!! Going to Seattle and Portland in May. My blog. The wonderful teachers I work with in 5th grade. The stack of books next to my bed I will eventually get around to reading. A hot shower. My splint is off and my wrist is slowly getting stronger. CHOCOLATE!! There are no dishes in the sink. Jake created his blog. Getting tickets to Dave Matthews in Sept. My comfy bed. New makeup. The fake fireflies Mom sent me. My bands are freaking cute. My fabulous and very supportive family. Duke is ranked #2 and UNC is ranked #1 in the NCAA bracket. I ate the best brownies today. Gas is still under 2 dollars. Spring is coming. Sleeping in on Saturdays. Cereal. My slippers. Underground parking (no wiping snow off my car.) French Toast from Kneaders. All of my super cute shoes. Diet Coke. My counselors in Relief Society. Holly is coming to Utah next year. Shylo. Rambo. I have a college degree. Facebook. TV on the internet. Ice cream. Memories. Dreams. My faith. Great Neighbors. March Madness. Road trips with Carla. Taking crazy pictures. My electric toothbrush. Wearing sweatpants. Country Music. Taylor's CD mixes. Email. Cellphones. Texting. My own room. Hot Pink. Going out to eat. I have a steady job. I get my summers "off" (teachers still work all summer prepping for the next year.) Fireflies. Humidity. Green trees. Seasons. Holidays.
Nutcracker
6 months ago

4 comments:
My dear friend, that post made my day! I have not had the best day ever, poor Maddox has not been feeling well...and well i simply have not been counting my blessings! Thank you for that refreshing post of uplifting things! I miss you Cassie, and I have all faith your year will get better!! :)
xx
Lauren
that was Lauren Altom, sorry i was under chase's name!!
I love super cute shoes and ice cream. It's much easier to get through life happy when you look at the good.
Cassie, I love you! That was so fun to read. Thanks for the reminder to count my blessings. We need to catch up AND plan Sophie's bridal shower so call me!!
Post a Comment