
With the Final Four chosen and the games a week away I thought I should take a moment to honor one of the few reasons March is allowed to be a month, St. Patrick's Day is the only other. As a teacher, March is the bottom of the barrel, the epitemy of all that is bad, it is the one month that I dread above all others. It's LONG and SNOWY and Spring Break isn't until April. Back to the Final Four...
First off the bench we have Michigan St. They earned its fifth trip to the national semifinals since 1999, the most in the nation over that span of time. Other than that I don't know a lot about them and don't really have the time to start researching either. So sorry but I will wish you good luck!
UCONN-"The most powerful team in college basketball," Rick Pitino called the Huskies Sunday in Indianapolis. The Huskies who are powerful both in Men's and Women's basketball have a real shot. Not my favorite though.
Villanova- The classic Cinderella team. I personally think their road to the Final Four has been the most demanding. They beat out Duke AND Pitt!!! Personal feelings aside, the Duke game was a trial run just a warm up for this super talented team who is full of heart. Haha sorry Brendan but I will sing the praises of any team that knocks Duke out of the tournament. Plus Scottie Reynolds graduated from Herndon High School and I having personally attending the Hornets Summer Basketball Camp am rooting for this underdog even if it means that my bracket is screwed.
And finally the fabulous UNC!!! They are my pick to win it all! Tyler Hansbourgh is a beast! Not only is he a force on the court but he is also a team player. In the semifinals he had more assists than baskets."It's the way we've always tried to run our program," Roy Williams said, "to have more than one guy be the star." All season people say they have been over rated, still good but over rated. Well they are the team to beat and always have been! Their bench is deep and they rely on no single stratedgy to win games. They are flexible and adjust according to their opponents. I guess the only thing left to say is GO TAR HEELS!!
Nutcracker
4 months ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment